- Our system utilized continuous runs of power cable (no faulty splices) from termination to termination.
- MP Husky utilizes high quality, factory tested cables.
- Polymer cable support blocks will not decay, rot or lose structural integrity for 50+ years.
- Free Air Rating allows greater ampacity with less conductors, achieving significant cost savings.
- Substantial savings on materials and installation costs compared to other systems.
- In addition to utilizing the least amount of space reduced fittings provide easier, more cost effective and precise connections.
Flexible & Adaptable
- Unlike non-segregated bus duct, MP Husky Cable Bus systems are easily adjusted in the field to accommodate misplaced equipment that often occurs during construction.
- Easily routed around unforeseen field obstructions (i.e. piping, structural steel, equipment, etc.)
- Our extensive custom fabrication capabilities ensure that we can manufacture a system to meet all your difficult coordination challenges.
Free Air Rating for Conductors
- Up to 40% less conductors are needed to carry fully rated current.
- Minimum temperature rise due to ventilated enclosure and maintained cable spacing by custom support blocks.
- Maximum ampacity in accordance with ICEA listings for 90 degree Celsius rated conductors.
Indoor or Outdoor Applications
- Utilized for indoor or outdoor applications.
- No special finishes are required with housing utilizing non-corrosive marine grade aluminum.
- Excellent protection against adverse environments including Paper Mills, Fossils, Chemical Plants, Cold, hot and Tropical locations.
- Suitable for food processing and data centers as well.
- Cables run in parallel throughout entire bus housing.
- Our system does not interleave or transpose cables in the bus housing.
- Lightweight, ventilated enclosure that two people can easily lift 12’ or 24’ sections into position.
- No special heavy erection equipment required.
- MP Husky Cable Bus is an all welded rigid construction.
- Contractors are free of shock hazards - no exposed buselements, only insulated conductors used.
- Ventilated design prevents entry of foreign objects.
- Support block design assures proper cable support and complete restraint during short circuit conditions.
Less Support Material
- Design criteria accomplishes high load carrying ability on long spans with minimal support material
- Flush bottom design allows for use of standard support material.
Proper Phase Balance
- MP Husky utilizes an Inductive Reactance Program to achieve the proper cable spacing and phasing arrangement that ensures low impedance and low voltage drop.
- Balanced load carrying of conductors prevents over-heating of cables.
- Cable support blocks provide continuous maintained spacing.
Testing and Certification
- Certified to CSA/ANSI 22.2 #273:19 (Cablebus).
- UL Classified as an equipment ground.
- Actual Heat Rise Tests on widest range of system ratings.
- Actual Short Circuit Test up to 120kA RMS Symmetrical.
- Actual Heat Rise Test verifying MP Husky Cable Bus in trench applications.
- Actual Load Tests confirm structural capability of housing, including up to 20’-0” spans.
Match-Marked Layout Drawings
- Cable Bus system layout drawings are shipped complete with match-marked numbers that correspond to each Cable Bus section.
- Product labels utilize large items numbers to facilitate quick product location and installation.
Vertical Bracing System
- Stainless Steel bolts not required during installation.
- Makes vertical and horizontal pulls easier, Thus reducing labor Costs.
Factory Fabricated - All Welded
- Bottom cable support block is factory pre-installed in Cable Bus Housing.
- Entire system is factory fabricated to fit the specific requirements of each individual project.
- All welded constructed for maximum strength.
- All welders are AWS Certified.
- Experienced all knowledgeable engineering group that can handle difficult coordination challenges.
- Engineering support prior to and during engineering and construction, as well as during and after start-up.
- MP Husky Cable Bus systems are complete with all necessary fittings for direction and elevation changes.
- Termination boxes, equipment flanges, firestops, and wall seals.
- Lugs and termination kits for MV systems.